Find out more about Ello - below are some landmarks in our history:
Ello’s mother company, Lilleborg, is established on the banks of Oslo's river Aker.
Lilleborg expands to manufacturing hygiene products with the opening of sæbesyderiet, (“the soap boilery”).
Lilleborg becomes a private limited company and changes its name to A/S Lilleborg Fabrikker.
By the end of the 1920s, Lilleborg had developed a close relationship with Denofa, a cooking oil producing company based in Fredriksstad. This culminated in 1930 with an agreement of cooperation between Lilleborg, Denofa, and the British company Lever Brothers (later Unilever).
Denofa and Lilleborg merges to form A/S Denofa og Lilleborg Fabriker, which soon becomes a major player in the Norwegian hygiene market.
Lilleborg acquires Goma fabrikker, the company that owned A/S Ello in Kristiansund, amongst others.
Lilleborg is reorganised as a company under Orkla Brands, a division of the Orkla Group, whilst Denofa is placed under Orkla Chemistry.
The activity by the Aker river ceases. A new laundry detergent factory is opened in Ski.
Another reorganisation takes place. Ello is now the production unit for Lilleborg, producing both personal and home care products. Ello also operates as the international sales organisation, handling export business.